Friday 25 December 2009

A Merry Christmas!

*
It has been a really good day, with my new wife and I spending our first Christmas season together as a married couple. To complete the festive mood, for the first time in many years I'm experiencing a white Christmas! We had an excellent dinner in company with my step-daughters, with a nice big turkey cooked to perfection. To add to the occasion, I got to watch A Christmas Story on TV, a seminal American Xmas movie and one my wife has enthused about for ages. Now I know what those references to Ralphie and "You'll shoot your eye out!" mean!

As for presents, well..! Where I was half-expecting a nice parcel of dragoons from Dayton Painting Consortium, I actually got those and an artillery battery, as well as two extra 6-pounder guns. Once the holidays are over, I'll pitch into painting them up.

*
Just a reminder, the first volume of The Hetzenberg Chronicles are available in .pdf format. The paperback version will be released in the New Year.

In the meantime, a Merry Christmas and a peaceful and prosperous New Year to you all!

3 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

A most Merry Christmas to you and your bride, AJ.


-- Jeff

Capt Bill said...

All of Beerstein wishes you a Merry Christmas and even better gaming in the New Year...

Fitz-Badger said...

A belated Merry Christmas to you, too!
Sounds like it was a good one. :)