Saturday 1 March 2008

The Margravate of Dunkeldorf-Pfühl: 1st Regiment.

The first regiment of the Margrave of Dunkeldorf-Pfühl is mostly finished. All I need do now is complete the command element and base the regiment. These Spencer Smith figures do require a different approach to painting. It's necessary to deliniate details with a fine black line in order for them to be seen. Even so, they were quick and pleasant to paint, and I shall be ordering some more when my lead mountain has been reduced a little. I plan to add another two or three line regiments to make up the First Brigade, a dragoon regiment and artillery battery.

3 comments:

andygamer said...

Ignore spam link, above.

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Hello A.J.,

They look lovely. Funny how these figures grow on you, isn't it? I wouldn't have touched SSM's in the 80's when it was all about minute detail for me. But now? I wish the dollar wasn't so bad against the British pound -- I'd order lost more Spencer Smiths!

Best Regards,

Stokes

A J said...

LOL, thanks Andy, I forgot to say something to that effect.

Stokes, I heartily agree! The new regiment has been varnished with Klear/Future, and they look lovely in the morning sunlight here. Time was I wouldn't have touched the Spencer Smith range either, but now I will certainly buy more. =)