Saturday, 1 March 2008

The Margravate of Dunkeldorf-Pfühl: 1st Regiment.

The first regiment of the Margrave of Dunkeldorf-Pfühl is mostly finished. All I need do now is complete the command element and base the regiment. These Spencer Smith figures do require a different approach to painting. It's necessary to deliniate details with a fine black line in order for them to be seen. Even so, they were quick and pleasant to paint, and I shall be ordering some more when my lead mountain has been reduced a little. I plan to add another two or three line regiments to make up the First Brigade, a dragoon regiment and artillery battery.

4 comments:

Dinos said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.

andygamer said...

Ignore spam link, above.

Stokes Schwartz said...

Hello A.J.,

They look lovely. Funny how these figures grow on you, isn't it? I wouldn't have touched SSM's in the 80's when it was all about minute detail for me. But now? I wish the dollar wasn't so bad against the British pound -- I'd order lost more Spencer Smiths!

Best Regards,

Stokes

A J Matthews said...

LOL, thanks Andy, I forgot to say something to that effect.

Stokes, I heartily agree! The new regiment has been varnished with Klear/Future, and they look lovely in the morning sunlight here. Time was I wouldn't have touched the Spencer Smith range either, but now I will certainly buy more. =)