Wednesday 7 November 2007

Spencer Smith.

I have to say I was taken with the Spencer Smith range of figures quite early on. Maybe it's a hangover from my early days in the hobby back in Nineteen-Hundred-and-Frozen-Stiff, when I'd read books by Featherstone, Wesencraft, Grant, et al whenever they appeared in the local library. The figures have a naive charm about them all their own, and look good en-masse. They were a prime candidate for forming the basis of my ImagiNation collection until I decided on RSM95.

As it is, I'm toying with the idea of buying some to make up the forces of the Margravate. It'll be an even clearer distinction between the two forces, plus it'll support a (relatively) local manufacturer, as SSM are based in the same county as me. As long as the figures aren't mixed in the same unit, it won't matter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The day job is really busy now and I barely have the strength to do more than just flop in my armchair and go "eep!" at infrequent intervals. I have a little energy to spare for designing the uniforms of a heavy cavalry brigade for the Margrave's host. Watch this space...

2 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Pleased to hear that you will use Spencer Smiths to some degree. They are extremely charming figures as you note. My wife brought a regiment of 30+ cavalry home with her last summer when she returned to the US from Germany. Right now they sit poised on my work table, waiting for just a few days more while I finish the current project. Drop by the Grand Duchy of Stollen blog occasionally later in the month to see how I'm getting on with them.

Best Regards,

Stokes Schwartz

Fitz-Badger said...

This expression "Nineteen-Hundred-and-Frozen-Stiff" gave me a good chuckle :-)

I, too, remember the days long passed when I used to check out Featherstone's books from the library.