Wednesday 5 December 2007

A work in progress...


The last half of IR 2 von Wöhl on the painting block, with the first half in front of the stand, all based up ready for flocking. My painting block is a fairly recent innovation for me. The design owes much to a laboratory test-tube rack. Each figurine is mounted on a 4-inch length of 1/2-inch dowel by means of a blob of re-usable putty. I embedded short lengths of thick plastic-coated wire in each dowel which hook over the figure bases as added security. The rods enable me to hold the figurines firm while I paint every angle. The rack can take up to 16 figurines, and the dowels sit in the holes so figures can dry as the next is painted. I've found it speeds-up the painting process quite markedly.

3 comments:

Fitz-Badger said...

That looks like a very good idea. With my minis based on washers and a stack of good magnets handy I could do something like with magnets in place of the putty.

Bluebear Jeff said...

This does look like an interesting system.


-- Jeff

Cindy A. Matthews said...

Wow! I'm impressed with your ingenuity, sir! No wonder these tiny dudes look so realistic. ;)

Cindy :)