Tuesday 11 December 2007

Progress report - 12.


My day job has been busy again but I've made a bit more progress on the wargames figures, with the sturdy mounts of the Bishop of Guggenheim's Regiment of Horse now under way. The body of the regiment will be mounted on chestnut horses and the command element on grays. I'm waiting for the officer, guidon and trumpeter Holge Eriksson figures to arrive from Spencer Smith, along with the first regiment of Dunkeldorf-Pfühl line infantry.

* * * *
With the first figures now complete I began to think of the setting they'll fight in. I remembered that years ago I began to construct a square tower based on one which featured in the 1813 Battle of Leipzig. Like many a wargames project, I never got to complete it but I came across it the other day, lurking in a corner of my workshed. I've now dusted it off and given it a critical assesment. I'm no Ian Weekly but I think I can finish it so it looks suitably mitteleuropen and of the period. With a few more buildings of the kind it'll make a good centerpiece for an urban area just right for fighting over.

1 comment:

Bluebear Jeff said...

I think that more of us should spend a bit more time making some terrain pieces -- whether they're buildings, woods, rivers, or whatever.

So good luck with your project. I look forward to seeing some pictures.


-- Jeff