Sunday, 23 September 2007
The Guards Cavalry.
The Guards Cavalry Brigade consists of the Horse Grenadiers and the Bishop of Guggenheim's Regiment (see below). Formerly acting as mounted infantry the Horse Grenadiers fully converted to the heavy cavalry role in 1732, at which time they dispensed with the grenades and musketoon which formed part of their equipment. Their guidon is a much simpler form of the Guard Grenadiers infantry standard.