Tuesday 16 September 2008

The Tuhellenbach Hussars (Regiment Kramer)

For Jean-Louis, here we have the prospective Hussar regiment of the Markgraaf's army, the Tuhellenbach Hussars, led by their able inhaber, Casimir Kramer. Not the sharpest tool in the box, Kramer nevertheless possesses great dash and courage. Whether his men live up to his example will remain to be seen.

*

The regimental uniform is based to some extent upon that of the French 3rd Hussars as worn during the Second Empire period. The tunic is dove gray; the pantaloons shown above are close to the garance color favored by French troops in that era. Most French hussar regiments were issued sky-blue uniforms but the 3rd Hussars resisted the change. I've shown Kramer's Hussars pelisse in this color.

5 comments:

Martin said...

Hi A.J.

Dash and courage is all that is expected from Hussars! Thinking is for the General Staff. Spiffy uniform though. Quite the sartorial statement. Jean-Louis will be pleased.

abdul666 said...

And most glamorous is this uniform, as befits! With a touch of French, if I may.

You'll judge me to be insatiable, but what are your currents ideas for the Hetzenberg Garde Jaeger? I suspect the characteristic purple would appear only on facings?
Compliments and thanks,
Jean-Louis

Capt Bill said...

Hussars deserve flamboyant uniforms to face heavy cavalry!

A J said...

Thank you gentlemen!

Hmm, odd. I have a comment awaiting moderation but when I click on it, it tells me it doesn't exist.

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Hi AJ,

Good looking conversions in your earlier post. I love the hussar uniform you've designed. And the unit name is great too. Wish I'd thought of it!

Best Regards,

Stokes